Effective April 2020
At Supernus, we believe in keeping our partners, patients, and providers informed so they can make the most appropriate healthcare decisions about our medications. One channel we use to have these informative conversations is through social media. We strive to be as candid and transparent about our perspective.
If you decide to post, respond, or comment on one of our posts, you are agreeing to abide by these Social Media Guidelines, which apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions or other legal notices that are provided by use or the social media platform. Please bear in mind that the comments and responses that you read on our channels that are not posted by us come from members of the public. The content of these comments (including opinions and statements) posted on our channels do not necessarily reflect the views of the social media site or its owner, and are the responsibility of the individuals posting them.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- If you are an adult, and your post contains the name or likeness of a minor, you must be the parent or guardian of that minor.
- Our social channels are not a place to report any medical adverse events or reactions and other product-related information. If you are experiencing an undesirable effect from any of our products or are concerned about a quality issue with one of our products, please contact Supernus Support at 1-866-398-0833. Hours of operation are Monday−Friday, 8 AM−8 PM Eastern time, excluding holidays. You are also encouraged to report adverse drug events to FDA at www.fda.gov/medwatch or by calling 1-800-FDA-1088. We reserve the right to contact you if such information is posted in these public social media forums.
- Comments that are threatening, condone violence or illegal behavior or threaten public safety may be reported to law enforcement.
- Be respectful. Our goal is to promote respectful dialogue about important health topics. Off-topic, abusive, harassing, profane, promotion of third-party sites, initiatives or products are not allowed. Posts that break these standards will be removed, rejected, and/or reported.
- Understand the limitations. Our social media platforms are used to keep our partners, patients, and providers informed about Supernus. Although medical and health topics may be discussed, these channels do not provide medical advice. You are encouraged to speak to your healthcare provider if you have questions or concerns about the healthcare you are receiving.
- Have realistic expectations. We will strive to be as responsive as possible to appropriate comments and feedback. Our social media accounts are checked several times throughout the day during normal business hours. If your post or comment has not received a response, please be patient. We will do our best to respond to you. We are not responsible for the accuracy of responses by other, non-company affiliated members of the community (i.e., the general public).
- There is no expectation of privacy on social media. Please be mindful that there is no expectation of privacy on social media. Our social media accounts are open to the general public. We encourage you not to post sensitive personal details about your person, family, location, health status, financial situation, or any other information that may compromise your privacy or safety. Further we cannot be responsible for the security of any information you post on social media.
Legal and Regulatory Considerations
Because we are a public company in a regulated industry, there are certain topics we won’t be able or willing to talk about here, and some of your discussions may need to be redirected or curtailed for the same reason. By way of example, we ask that you refrain from posting comments that contain:
- unsubstantiated claims about, or discussion of “off-label” or unapproved/non-directed uses of, our products;
- third-party intellectual property, such as any copyright-protected material (art, music, videos, written text), or any trade-marks or logos;
- inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors (for example, disparaging comments, or any statements about their products);
- information that is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- medical advice or product usage information;
- third-party confidential or non-public information, including names and addresses and other identifying information related to individuals;
- profanity, vulgarity, defamatory, libelous, offensive, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning content (including images, videos and links);
- links to other websites;
- advertising or spam; and
- software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the social media site.
Your use of our social media channels indicates your acceptance of these Guidelines and any subsequent versions. Users who violate these terms may be blocked. While we encourage everyone to participate in active discussion and share content, where appropriate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own. Please read and engage at your own risk. We hear you and we see your comments to our content, but we cannot verify the accuracy of statements made by other users.
We reserve the right to delete any of our social media channels and its contents at any time. While these Guidelines cover the most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Accordingly, Supernus may take actions not outlined in these Guidelines, as deemed necessary and appropriate.